Veterinarians at the CFIA
We're making a difference in the health and safety of all Canadians. CFIA programs and services impact people's daily lives. We need you to be a part of this important and exciting work.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) delivers science-based regulatory services to safeguard Canada's food, animals and plants and support market access. This enhances the health and well-being of Canada's people, environment, and economy.
CFIA veterinarians play an important role in Canadian food safety. Our veterinarians are part of the first line of defence against the spread of many diseases.
We're hiring at the VM-01 level for Meat Hygiene and Animal Health positions in various locations across Canada. Veterinarians joining the CFIA belong to the Veterinary Medicine (VM) occupational group.
- Structured work hours for flexible work/life balance
- Reimbursement of veterinarian membership fees
- Continuing education, development and advancement opportunities
- One of the best pension plans in Canada
- Disability and life insurance
- Excellent health, dental and benefit plans
- 3 weeks of vacation per year upon hiring, and 4 weeks after the first year
- 3 weeks of cumulative sick leave per year
- Other paid leave entitlements such as 1 week for family-related responsibilities and 2 days for personal reasons
- Assistance with relocation expenses, as applicable
- Paid overtime
At the CFIA, we don't just accept diversity – we celebrate it
CFIA's vision for equity, diversity and inclusion is to create an inclusive workplace free from barriers, racism, harassment, and discrimination, supported by all employees.
At the CFIA, we believe that a diverse workforce is about more than visible differences; it's about blending the following into a rich and creative pool of talent that can take the Agency – and its employees – to new levels of success:
- work and communication styles
- educational, cultural and linguistic backgrounds
- lifestyle approaches
- stages of life
- belief systems
The CFIA considers applications from individuals who have legal status to work in Canada and does not give preference to Canadian citizens.
Our Veterinary Recruitment Team is here to provide any further information or answer any questions you may have about this exciting career opportunity and can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: